One of the best parts of the last few weeks has been meeting people I may not have met otherwise. Some of us have had very different life experiences. But we want a lot of the same things. Here are some of the issues I have been hearing about:
- On L Street: speeding and traffic safety on 17th.
- On Lang Place: car break-ins and violent crime, but also the need for better job training and opportunity.
- On Lyman Place: the importance of trees in urban areas, for health and the climate, and making sure neighbors are safe during extreme heat.
- On Summit Street: making the X8 more frequent and reliable.
- In the Flats: having covered bus stops in Carver-Langston like other neighborhoods, and finding more creative ways to keep residents informed about how to get involved in the community.
A few other updates about the campaign:
- Yard signs have arrived and are beginning to spring up around the neighborhood (check out photos or request your own)
- Trash on Tuesdays is now accepting requests for problem areas to add to our rotation (let me know if you are interested in our help)
- The widely-read and respected Frozen Tropics plugged our campaign and its importance to maintaining positive momentum in ANC 5D (check out the tweet)
- New information is still posted to the website several times a week (check out the News and COVID-19 sections for the latest)
Thank you for your continued interest and support.